[Rhythmbox-devel] custom plugin problem

hello,

I have some plugin that "used to work" but with a newer version of Linux/Ubuntu I see messages like:

(rhythmbox:3092): libpeas-WARNING **: nowplaying-lcd: /usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/nowplaying-lcd/libnowplaying-lcd.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

(rhythmbox:3092): libpeas-WARNING **: Could not load plugin module: 'nowplaying-lcd'

any tips on what is going on?  These plugins used to work just fine in older versions of ubuntu/rhythmbox.

thanks,