Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] rhythmbox with jack

On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 12:08:34AM +0800, Owen Hogarth II wrote:
Hi

I don't use pulseaudio i'm on debian 8.2 with all default apps.

I start rhythmbox and it connects to my default output in the jack
connection manager just fine.

The problem is that if I change rhythmbox to say output to a different
device in the jack connection manager then fast forward, or manually choose
a new track to play. Rhythmbox will automatically disconnect from the
output source that I put it on and then reconnect to the default output.

Is there a way to change this behavior?

You might find that enabling crossfading makes it work a bit better.
If that doesn't help, you might find yourself working on the gstreamer
jack plugins, which probably won't be much fun.