Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] --hide option in rhythmbox-client

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 01:37:13PM +0200, Andrea Vai wrote:
Hi All,

I would like to start playing a radio source from the command line using
rhythmbox without opening the rhythmbox window, so I was trying to use
rhythmbox-client.

I have found, as described here

http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/precise/man1/rhythmbox-client.1.html

that there was a --hide option in v.2.96, but it has been removed next,
and now in my 3.0.3 (Ubuntu 14.10) it does not exist any more. Is this
true?

Yes.  Rhythmbox no longer has the ability to hide itself, as managing
windows is the window manager's job.