[Rhythmbox-devel] Scrobbling to Last.fm failing

Dear all,

I am running Rythmbox 3.0.2 on Ubuntu 14.04. For the past week or so it has not been able to submit listened tracks to Last.fm, displaying the message:

Logging in: Cannot connect to destination (post.audioscrobbler.com)

Nevertheless, it reports me as logged in and is able to list the tracks I have recently listened to in other systems. I also tested the connection to that scrobbler URL, with both nslookup and ping successfully reaching it.

What may be the cause of this? How should I proceed to correct it or collect more information?

Thank you,

Luís