Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] rhythmdb.xml standards / registry

On Sun, 2014-02-23 at 08:10 -0800, Alice Wonder wrote:
*snip*

Okay after some sleep and looking at it again, <entry
type="podcast-post"> is used for files within a podcast whether they
have been downloaded or not.

Perhaps using podcast-that would be best, and just have my pain separate
from the podcast pane show entries that are type podcast-post and have
been downloaded - I see podcasts that I have downloaded through the
podcast interface have a <status>100</status> node, episodes not
downloaded have <status>103</status>

After playing with manual edits to the database, it looks like the
easiest thing is to not create a new pane at all, just use the current
podcast pane.

Upon import, if the file has a PODCAST tag then -

A) Set the entry type in db to "podcast-post"
B) Set the album node in db to contents of PODCAST tag
C) Set the description note to contents of the COMMENT tag(s)
D) Set the post-time in db to contents of the DATE tag (id3v2 a bit more
difficult)

It looks like after that, the podcast plugin will do the rest and I can
play them from there despite not having an rss feed for the podcast.

That won't take episode number into account but if I find sort by date
isn't sufficient I can look at that later.

So all I really need to do is code an import check and handling.