Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] rhythmdb.xml standards / registry

On Sat, 2014-02-22 at 23:32 -0800, Alice Wonder wrote:
*snip*

Within the entry node itself, I'm hoping I can use a podcast node for
the value of the PODCAST xiph comment, an episode node for the value of
the EPISODE comment, and an rss node for the value of the PODCAST_RSS
comment.

Okay after some sleep and looking at it again, <entry
type="podcast-post"> is used for files within a podcast whether they
have been downloaded or not.

Perhaps using podcast-that would be best, and just have my pain separate
from the podcast pane show entries that are type podcast-post and have
been downloaded - I see podcasts that I have downloaded through the
podcast interface have a <status>100</status> node, episodes not
downloaded have <status>103</status>

So perhaps I on import of a media file with a xiph PODCAST comment I
could have the plugin put it in database with entry type="podcast-post"
and a child <status>100</status> and then key off of those for what is
shown in the new pane.

I'm trying to find stuff in the documentation to get a proper
understanding of this. I can find stuff I'll need when writing the code
like rhythmdb_entry_type_get_name () but not a basic overview of the
existing nodes and how they should be interpreted (like the status
node).