Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Change the cddb server in rhythmbox settings.

On 12/27/2014 06:56 PM, Jonathan Matthew wrote:
On Sat, Dec 27, 2014 at 09:22:45AM -0700, jd1008 wrote:
I am writing to ask you to allow the user to change which cd database
rhythmbox should use to identify music CD's.
I have CD's that are not recognizable by your hard coded cd database server.
Rhythmbox uses the musicbrainz API to retrieve CD track information.  Are there
alternate servers that support the musicbrainz API?  I'm not aware of any.
Have you considered submitting your CDs to the musicbrainz database?

there is the freedb.org and there is the cddb.org's databases.
I do not know about what api's each database uses. cdda2wav,
a command line program, lets you select via args which database
to use. So how does IT connect to a database of the user's choice?
Does it know about all the api's of the different music cd databases?

Could you adopt cdda2wav's way of connecting to any database the
user selects?

Thanx.