[Rhythmbox-devel] ipod & mp3 tax fixes?

Rhythmbox 0.3.13 in Ubuntu 11.04 worked perfectly with my iPod classic 3rd gen.
Rhythmbox 2.96 in Ubuntu 12.04 is giving me problems:
Tracks copied to ipod don't show up in Rhythmbox display, but create multiple instances of each song on the ipod.
Tags seem to be randomly scrambled; the title of one mp3 will wind up in a different mp3, etc.

Is this a problem with Rhythmbox or some underlying library?
Is there any news on a fix?

Is there a way to revert to Rhythmbox 0.3.13 in Ubuntu 12.04?

Thanks
Mike