[Rhythmbox-devel] Opening a GUI after clicking on a menu item

I understood how to add a plugin's menu item and execute a function, now I want to understand how to open a popup window after clicking on that menu item and then perform my actions after selecting options in that window. Any links/resources/examples will be appreciated.

I don't know how much of the WritingGuide to follow because I believe a lot of things have changed after it was last updated.