Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] upcoming release

On Sun, Jan 08, Jonathan Matthew wrote:

> At long last, I'm going to make a new release next weekend. This won't
> be 3.0 yet, but it's a step closer..
>
> You can find a prerelease here:
> http://people.gnome.org/~jmatthew/rhythmbox-2.90.2.tar.xz

While building my test packages, I got this warning from rpmlint.
Perhaps this can be fixed if the lib is supposed to be used by other
applications:

rhythmbox.x86_64: W: shared-lib-calls-exit /usr/lib64/librhythmbox-core.so.4.0.0 exit@@GLIBC_2.2.5
This library package calls exit() or _exit(), probably in a non-fork()
context. Doing so from a library is strongly discouraged - when a library
function calls exit(), it prevents the calling program from handling the
error, reporting it to the user, closing files properly, and cleaning up any
state that the program has. It is preferred for the library to return an
actual error code and let the calling program decide how to handle the
situation.

Olaf