Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] little nice restyling

hi Peter,
just one thing: my primary pc in the last 2 years and half is a 10"
netbook; rhythmbox on netbooks it's unusable.
if we want to seriously do something for its interface, that is to say,
for users, well, there's a lot of vertical space to save if we want to..
lots of immature new media players showed how it is possible.
this mockup push even further this discourse
cheers
alex

On gio, 2011-10-06 at 16:19 +0100, Peter wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 2:44 PM, alex <alex tolar poste it> wrote:
> > Rhythmbox doesn't serve well its scope on screens up to 10", that's for
> > sure.
> >
> > In this 40kbytes mockup 3 little things' changed to save a lot of vertical
> > space.
> > 1. status bar doesn't cover side pane (if an overlay status bar wouldn't
> > be possible to implement)
> > 2. searchbox has been reorganized to more modern standards and moved in
> > a more prominent place. A click on the lens changes between n filters.
> > 3. song progress bar has been moved between song title end song time.
> > Song title can reduce by 1-2 points font height.
> >
> > that's all, the changes are not trivial and probably not difficult to
> > achieve; the result it's nice.
> >
> > thanks, good job.
> > alex
>
> Have you tried mocking up an alternative: Give the side pane full height?
> (up to but excluding the menu bar I guess, possibly the tool bar)
>
> That does (1), but goes even further in trying to maximize use of a wide screen.
>
> Peter

 Sponsor:
 Sviluppa il tuo business e trova nuovi clienti con il Direct Email Marketing di Email.it, la strategia vincente per rafforzare la notorieta'della tua impresa!
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=11848&d=6-10