Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Viewing music in iphone

On Tue, 2011-05-17 at 11:25 +0000, John Frankish wrote:
> > 2011/5/14 John Frankish <j-frankish slb com>:
> > > I had assumed rhythmbox would find a mounted ipod/phone/ipad
> > >automatically, but this appears not to be the case.
> > >
> > > Using rhythmbox-0.13.3 and libgpod-0.8.0 and an iphone 3gs os4.3.2
> > >mounted using ifuse at /media/ipod - in order to see or play the music in the
> > >iphone, I'm obliged to use:
> > >

> > You shouldn't try to mount it manually using ifuse, but just install gvfs-afc and
> > let it do its job. The iphone should get automounted in nautilus when it's
> > plugged in, and rhythmbox should be able to autodetect it as well.
> >
> > Christophe
>
> Thanks, but if I don't use gvfs-afc and nautilus, then what :)

In GNOME 3, nautilus doesn't need to be running, as
gnome-settings-daemon will be mounting those for you.

Or you can mount it by hand running "gvfs-mount afc://XXX/" where XXX is
the UUID as shown by "gvfs-mount -li" or ideviceinfo.

If you really want to use ifuse, then you're on your own, sorry.