Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Suggestions

On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 8:01 AM, Bart Genuit <b a g genuit student tue nl> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Thanks for making Rhytmbox! I use it an awful lot. (speaking of which, is
> there some way to make these thanks a bit more substantial, Flattr.com for
> example?)

We don't really accept financial donations for Rhythmbox, mostly
because we have no development costs. Generally I think people should
donate to the GNOME Foundation (http://www.gnome.org/friends/) rather
than specifically to Rhythmbox.

> I also make heavy use of bandcamp.com for my music downloads, and my
> thoughts are 'why not combine the two?'. So my first suggestion: could you
> somehow add Bandcamp to the list of stores? (where now Magnatune and Jamendo
> are featured)

I had a quick look at the Bandcamp site and couldn't see any mention
of an API or catalog access that we could use to do this. Without
that, we couldn't offer much integration beyond embedding a web
browser that starts on www.bandcamp.com, which I think isn't enough.