[Rhythmbox-devel] Sync device automatically when inserted

Hi,

I've got a portable audio player I would like to sync with Rhythmbox
(0.13). I think the existing sync capabilities (sync whole library,
certain playlists, podcasts... ) are quite nice. However as far as I
discovered it, you have to manually right-click on the device and press
"Sync" every time. It would be a nice feature if there was a setting to
automatically sync the device when plugged in.

Would it be possible make a plugin for this (i.e. how hard is it)? Are
there signals for a device getting connected and an action to sync a
certain player, in the python interface?

Even nicer, if this feature could be added to Rhythmbox' main code (no
plugin)

Thanks