[Rhythmbox-devel] Question

    I have installed the latest version of Ubuntu LTS 10.04. I installed the beta version some months back but it is up to date. Perhaps the final release is different and does not open Rhythmbox in an annoying way. I will eventually install the final release and see if it is different.
    When I use the Gnome menu or a launcher to start Rhythmbox, instead of Showing the Rhythmbox window an icon shows up in the Notification Area, so instead of a single click, it takes three to open. Can I fix this so when I start Rhythmbox it actually opens? Like it did in every other GNU/Linux I have used? Is this a new development or a bug with Ubuntu 10.04?

    I like Rhythmbox more over all others. I have noted some other audio flaws using Rhythmbox in Ubuntu 10.04 but I am hoping this also is a Ubuntu problem. When I start a 16kbps stream using a dial up modem and ISP, instead of first connecting, buffering and then playing, there is a very brief bit of audio that plays as if some info was still stuck in the buffer. Then after connecting & buffering, it plays fine. I have not seen this before the current LTS Ubuntu.

    Truly, Mark Luxton