Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Cover Art seems to be disabled...

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 12:22 PM, Michael Hurt
<midnight_star bellsouth net> wrote:
> I have "Album Art" checked (ticked) in the Plug Ins, but the Configure
> button is grayed out for some reason.

It's greyed out because there's nothing to configure. The same applies
for all Rhythmbox plugins.

> All of the songs, that I ripped
> from my collection aren't showing any album art as I play them.

The album art search feature does not work at present. We previously
used discogs.com to search for album art, but they had to block search
requests from Rhythmbox due to the load on their search servers. We
need to find a new album art provider.

> I new to Ubuntu (sorry, I know you hear that quite frequently), and I think I
> remember seeing something about "enabling, manual, or never" something
> like that when I installed it, but I don't completely remember.

I'm not sure what this might be about. Maybe podcast update frequency?

> Is this something I can enable now? or do I need to reinstall everything. Any
> help you can off would be greatly appreciated.

Unless you can write code to work with a new album art provider, there
isn't anything you can do to fix this.