Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Is there a plug-in like "Send the currently played file via bluetooth"?

oh thanks a lot, that looks promising :)
blueman seems to have some issues connecting with my device currently, I'll have a closer look at it in the next few days.

Cheers

2010/6/29 Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
On Tue, 2010-06-29 at 20:12 +0200, Philipp Dörfler wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I often find myself sending various tracks I like manually via USB or
> bluetooth to my mobile device.
> I'd want to be able to send the currently played file directly to
> bluetooth-connected devices without any additional manual steps
> involved, but just a click on a "Hey, I like this! Want to listen all
> day long to it!"-Button. ;-)

The Sendto plugin will do that, using nautilus-sendto. You just need to
select the destination device.

> I've looked for a plug-in or a core functionaliy in rhythmbox, but
> without any luck. If no such plug-in exists, I'd be willing to try
> contribute such a python plug-in. After all, the rhythmbox plug-in API
> for python seems pretty straightforward and it shouldn't be that hard
> to connect via PyBlueZ and send a file or the current selection of
> files to a device.
>
> What's your opinion on that?

Cheers

--