[Rhythmbox-devel] [inotify] file not properly closed ?

Hi all !

I'm monitoring my music folder with inotify and I noticed a weird behaviour.
For starters, I use Rhythmbox v0.12.5.

Scenario :

1- Start listening to a music
2- It ends because the end of file is reached
3- Move on to the next track

In this case, the file is not closed. It finally is but after several minutes. I guess there is a timer somewhere between Rhythmbox and the kernel to close it.

However, if I proceed like this :

1- Start listening to a music
2- Skip it because I don't want to listen this one
3- Move on to the next track

In this case, the file is closed immediately.

You can try this by either setting up a inotify or easier try something like this to see that the file stays opened :
lsof | grep rhythmbox | grep REG | grep -v mem | grep mp3

Is this a bug or a feature ?

Regards,
Gregory