Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] errors running media-sync-branch

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 6:51 AM, Adam Dingle <adam yorba org> wrote:
> I'm very interested in the effort to make Rhythmbox sync with media players,
> so I thought I'd try out the media-sync-branch code.  I fetched the branch,
> built and installed.

Thanks for trying it out. Hopefully we can get it working for you..

> When I run this Rhythmbox, I see errors like these:
>
> (lt-rhythmbox:15527): Gtk-WARNING **: iPodSrcPopupSync: missing action
> MediaPlayerSourceSync

I think I know why this is happening. It should be harmless.

> ** (lt-rhythmbox:15527): CRITICAL **: atk_object_set_name: assertion `name
> != NULL' failed

This one's harmless, I think.. not sure what causes it though.

> When I try to sync, nothing happens and I see errors like these:
>
> (lt-rhythmbox:15527): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_action_set_sensitive: assertion
> `GTK_IS_ACTION (action)' failed

This should be fixed now. I don't think it was the cause of the
greater problem, though.

> Any idea as to what's wrong?  I could debug a bit, but I thought I'd ask
> here first.  I'm running Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic).

I haven't touched this code for a while, but I'm pretty sure it worked
(in some sense) when I created the branch..
Output from 'rhythmbox -D media' might have some useful information.