Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] checking an object type in Rhythmbox

On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 11:09 AM, Ron Croonenberg <ronc depauw edu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to write a plugin for Rhythmbox and want to check if an object I
> have is of a certain type
>
> what I want to do is something like:
>
> if type(source) == type(something.RBPlayQueueSource):
>
> if I do a "print type(SOURCE)", print shows me the string
> "browse.__main__.RBPlayQueueSource".
>
> I am wondering what class '__main__' is an instance of.
>

> or is there a better way to do this?

Most of the rhythmbox object types aren't really visible from python.
You can check GObject types by name, though: source.__gtype__.name ==
'RBPlayQueueSource', for instance.

Probably not a great example, though, since you can get at the play
queue source directly with shell.props.queue_source.