Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Problems with m3u playlists on device

>>   Second, Rhythmbox writes out
>> the files with Unix path separators (/) and the mp3 player needs them
>> to be Windows-style (\).
>
> That's probably Rhythmbox not turning on the DOS mode. See:
> http://library.gnome.org/devel/totem-pl-parser/stable/TotemPlParser.html#TotemPlParserType
>
> Should be TOTEM_PL_PARSER_M3U_DOS.

If I make the changes in rhythmbox necessary, I get File:// URI's in
the playlist.  It seems that they're coming from totem-pl-parser. For
instance, with TOTEM_PL_PARSER_M3U, I get:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:,Careless Whisper
/MUSIC/Seether/Finding Beauty In Negative Spaces/13 - Careless Whisper.mp3

With TOTEM_PL_PARSER_M3U_DOS:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:,Careless Whisper
file:///MUSIC/Seether/Finding%20Beauty%20In%20Negative%20Spaces/13%20-%20Careless%20Whisper.mp3

Looking over the function totem_pl_parser_uri_to_dos(), I don't see
anywhere in that function where the uri is properly converted to a DOS
path.  Thoughts?

Ryan

--
Ryan May