Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Updated replaygain plugin, fixes pause support

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 8:06 AM, Jonathan Matthew <jonathan d14n org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 7:58 AM, Calvin Walton <calvin walton gmail com> wrote:
>> Handily, core changes within Rhythmbox have corrected the issue where
>> uloading and loading the plugin while Rhythmbox is playing have been
>> corrected, so please use the latest release.
>>
>> Enjoy, at least until replaygain is properly fixed :)
>
> This will happen pretty soon.

I've just checked in the new replaygain plugin (and removed all the
old replaygain code). It currently uses rgvolume and rglimiter to
perform replaygain processing, with configurable pre-amp, gain mode
(radio or album), and limiter (yes or no) settings. It calculates a
fallback gain level based on the last 10 tracks that included
replaygain data, rather than keeping the value from the previous track
or just using 0.0.

The old replaygain gconf key (/apps/rhythmbox/use_replaygain) now does
nothing. If you had that enabled, you'll probably want to enable the
new plugin. Even if you didn't, you might as well try it out. If you
don't have any replaygain tags in your files, of course, nothing will
happen.

The new plugin will soon be able to add replaygain tags to your files.
Manually (album by album) at first, but eventually it might be able to
automatically process the whole library.