Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] iTunes in my Firefox

On Thu, 2010-12-16 at 01:39 +0100, Jonas Abrahamsson wrote:
> Hello
>
> I recently found a plugin in Firefox named "iTunes Applications
> Detector", this is not something I asked for and I don't want it, what
> is this apple-thing doing in my browser? I hope it will never discover
> iTunes on this computer, or I have failed miserably at maintaining it.

It's a plugin that's used to start Rhythmbox when links to ITMS Podcasts
are used in Web browsers.

> I switched to Linux for all the reasons and values companies like Apple
> does not stand for, and to get control of my computer. I have disabled
> it, but I cannot remove it.

If you don't want to see the plugin, ask your distribution to package it
separately. For my part, I don't see the point in complaining about a
50kB file that doesn't actually have any code, and enhances integration
between the browser and Rhythmbox.