Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] How does rhythmbox import songs from sshfs

 On 08/21/2010 03:30 PM, Craig Harding wrote:
Hi,

I have a sshfs share where I keep my mp3s. When I import a folder I see a lot of traffic while the songs are being imported into rhythmbox.

I had a general question: Does rhythmbox download a local copy of the song to my local computer before it is played or does it just get the info from the songs (artist name, album name, length of song, etc)? Just curious...
Rhythmbox doesn't make local copies of any files. It only copies the data of the files (where they are, artist/album/trackname, format, etc.) and saves it to your local music library database. Unless you have Rhythmbox somehow set to organize all of your music into a specific folder (I'm not sure if it was Rhythmbox or Banshee or Songbird that have this feature) then it isn't copying anything over locally.
Thanks for any info,

Craig