[Rhythmbox-devel] DACP in Rhythmbox: Weekly Report 11

Hi guys,

I almost forgot last week's report ;) Check the wiki at�http://live.gnome.org/SummerOfCode2010/AlexandreRosenfeld_Rhythmbox

- What I did this week?

I refactored the DACP player signals into an object. After reading this article, I figured I followed the signals API, while libdmapsharing was using the listener API everywhere else. So, to follow the convention, I refactored the signals into properties and methods in a DACPPlayerInterface. It really made no sense to have signals called get-volume and set-volume, that is clearly a property. The changes to libdmapsharing were easier then I thought and in the process I integrated glib-mkenums into libdmapsharing, which was required for the new properties.
Took a long time to finish the glib-mkenums code, mostly because I simply could not find any resource on it at all. I ended up checking the code on the internet of another application that did something similar.
The changes to Rhythmbox were harder, I just finished them now.

- Next week?

I'm finishing most of the DACP details in libdmapsharing, got everything but queuing records, shouldn't be hard. Support for some new functionality in Rhythmbox is still missing. After talking to my mentor, I'm focusing on finishing everything in libdmapsharing until the pencil's down date.

Alexandre Rosenfeld