Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Apple airtunes

Hi Andy!

On Tue, 2010-08-10 at 14:52 +0100, Andy Clough wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is it possible to use rhythmbox to connect to my speakers via apple’s
> airport express (airtunes).

If your system is using pulseaudio for sound playback (like many modern
linux distros do by default), you can install the raop module which
allows you to stream *anything* you're playing to the airport speakers.
I've used it myself and remember it working fine.

In debian, the package is pulseaudio-module-raop.

(you have to turn it on on the first page of paprefs and then set
pulseaudio to send music to it.  A few moinutes playing around with
different pulse audio config programs should suffice).

-Matt