Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Play on login to Gnome

On 26/04/10 10:07, Chris Shaffer wrote:
> I've played around a bit with rhythmbox-client but haven't come up with
> anything I can start at login that will play music.  I would actually
> prefer to shuffle or play a radio station than a specific song.  Any
> suggestions of rhythmbox-client actions that would actually start music
> playing would be welcome.  So far, I've had no luck with it.

You need to use "rhythmbox-client --play-uri=URI", where URI is the
thing you want to play. The URI for a radio station can be found in it's
properties dialog (Details > Location).

As for playing shuffle, you might be out of luck since when RB starts
the library is initially empty. Waiting some time after login, maybe
"sleep 30 && rhythmbox-client --play" might work, but you still need to
ensure shuffle is enabled (using gconftool-2?) and the library is
selected as the source (not sure how to do that).

//Mike

--
⎊ michael gratton, itinerant geek
⎈ <http://web.vee.net/>