[Rhythmbox-devel] Two issues: initial volume and ID3v2 ignored

Hello,

I'm experiencing two very annoying issues with rhythmbox. The first and personally more important one is the volume control. When I launch RB the volume is set to the value it last had when I cosed RB. However, when I start playing the first file the volume will increase to 100% which is hellishly annoying. Apart from that, the volume control has a general delay which has already been addressed in a bug report I believe.

The second issue addresses ID3 tags. In certain MP3s that offer both an ID3v1 and v2 tag, RB displays the v1 tag which is annoying cause artist and title fields are limited to 30 bytes which is why there are ID3v2 tags. The whole idea is pointless though if RB still ignores the v2 tag. I believe I read in a changelog a while ago that RB would always prefer v2 which doesn't seem to be working for me. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Kind regards,
K.M.