[Rhythmbox-devel] Writing Album-art and transcode plugins

Hi there,

I've written some programmes that work very well for me to rip CDs and
transcode audio to he-aac m4a's for use on my mobile devices, and to
download album art using Google as a search provider.

I have had a bit of a look at the material on gnome.org regarding
writing plugins, and played about with the rhythmbox python console a
bit, but I'm a) totally self-taught and b) utterly unfamiliar with
python. Anyway, I'd be quite grateful if anyone could point me in a
helpful direction for information about writing 3rd party plugins that
would augment or replace the album art plugins, and on how to insert a
transcoding filter when moving songs to portable devices (obviously
these are totally for my own edification and NOT seem as what most
people will be wanting).

Cheers for your help in advance

Alex