[Rhythmbox-devel] Playalbum plugin error

Good morning (at least for EU zone readers) list!

Yesterday, I've discovered that my rhythmbox stopped to run. All I could see it was a python problem:

~$ rhythmbox
TypeError: Cannot create a consistent method resolution
order (MRO) for bases Buildable, ImplementorIface, gtk.Orientable
**
ERROR:/build/buildd-pygobject_2.18.0-1-i386-sWmMUF/pygobject-2.18.0/gobject/pygobject.c:924:pygobject_new_full: assertion failed: (tp != NULL)
Aborted

Surfing on the Net, I've seen that this error seemed to be (debian) related, in particular regarding python-gtk2. However the version I have is much more updated (2.14.1-3) than those reported and no related bug appears on debian bug archive.

Therefore I tried to look a bit deeper with rhythmbox -d and this is what I've discovered:

(09:51:53) [0x9de4028] [rb_python_object_init] rb-python-plugin.c:203: Creating python plugin instance
[...]
(09:51:53) [0x9de4028] [rb_python_object_init] rb-python-plugin.c:203: Creating python plugin instance
TypeError: Cannot create a consistent method resolution
order (MRO) for bases Buildable, ImplementorIface, gtk.Orientable

Therefore the error was related to a plugin (rb.python-plugin), and after some test I've seen that it occurs only when the playalbum plugin is in ~/.gnome2/rhythmbox/plugins.

Does someone received the same error? I run Debian Sid on my linux box.

I've put cdar - the plugin maintainer - in bcc ('cause I've seen that its email is obfuscated in launchpad).

Keep fine!

giopas

[1] http://bitbucket.org/paniq/aldrin/issue/28/cannot-create-consistent-method-resolution