Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] New python plugin

Hi Piotr,

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 6:17 PM, tolkjen <tolkjen o2 pl> wrote:
Hello,

I've written a python Rhythmbox plugin allowing users to download and read song lyrics. Unlike "Lyrics" plugin, text is shown in a separate window, accessible by pushing a tool button. That makes things easier. Product would be distributed under GNU GPL licence.

The plugin is called "All Lyrics" and is available at:
http://tolkjen.w.staszic.waw.pl/rb-plugins/

I would like "All Lyrics" to be listed among other third-party plugins on Rhythmbox main site.

I'm testing your plugin and it seems to work fine. I like to have a button in the tray icon, however just typing the "ctrl+L" shortcut you can have the usual lyrics window that is displayed as well.

Moreover, I think that the chosen icon is misleading  because it is already used for updating podcast's feeds.

Finally, and most of all, I see a redundancy among plugins intended for retrieving song informations:
1. the official/stable plugin
2. the context panel plugin (resulting from just finished GSOC)
3. your plugin.
This redundancy should maybe be discussed, in order to avoid useless duplications.

Beside this, as simple user, I'd like to thank you very much for your work: maybe you could reuse it for a guitar tab plugin (that nobody seems to have written yet and I'd really like to have on my rhythmbox!!! :) )

Best regards,
Piotr Tąkiel

Cheers,

giopas