Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Album art downloading and Amazon

On Sat, 2009-08-29 at 19:04 +1000, Jonathan Matthew wrote:
<snip>
> I've just committed a cover art search implementation using the
> discogs.com API.  I haven't done a huge amount of testing, but it seems
> to work pretty well, at least for my collection.  It sometimes returns
> slightly odd results, but I think that's mostly down to the fact that
> the images on discogs are user submitted.  I've tried to exclude promo
> releases, white labels, and various other things that don't tend to have
> good cover art, but there are always more special cases to cover.
<snip>

Also note that:
- Musicbrainz exports the discogs page for a number of releases
(including "promotional" material, such as my monthly Mixmag CD, which
I'm usually the first to enter there)
- MusicBrainz has a list of sites providing cover art:
http://musicbrainz.org/doc/CoverArtSites

Cheers