Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] context pane plugin merged

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 7:22 PM, giopas <linux giopas eu> wrote:
> Thank you Jonathan!
>
> On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 7:03 AM, Jonathan Matthew <jonathan d14n org> wrote:
>>
>> I've just merged John Iacona's context pane plugin (a Google Summer of
>> Code project) into git master. This adds a side pane displaying album
>> and artist information sourced from last.fm.
>
> Excellent news: it's now two months that I'm using this plugin and it is
> really cool!
>
> I have just two comments on that:
>
> 1. I really like that context pane is able to retrieve album list, tracks
> and covers. But it is even more cool the fact that you can just grab album
> cover from context pane to album cover frame.
> However, if you do so the imported cover will have a very bad resolution. It
> would be amazing that when you grab the album cover from context pane to
> album cover frame, a "less resized" (with a better definition) image will be
> associated to the album, that probably means that rhythmboy should download
> again the album image from the same address pharsed by context pane.

I don't think we have any control over that. It's all webkit.

> 2. Since Last rhythm* plugin does not work any more, it would be nice to add
> one more panel to context pane in order to suggest similar artists. Or,
> other option, it would be even fine to merge TasteKid plugin to context
> pane.

So, there are any number of things that interested people could add. Some ideas:
- more data sources and types of information to display (such as
similar artists)
- a tab with links to various sites (wikipedia, discogs, musicbrainz,
..) for artists and albums
- artist/album/lyrics tabs in song info windows (at which point the
context plugin can eat the lyrics plugin)
- personal play history/rating statistics