Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] context pane plugin merged

Thank you Jonathan!

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 7:03 AM, Jonathan Matthew <jonathan d14n org> wrote:
I've just merged John Iacona's context pane plugin (a Google Summer of
Code project) into git master. This adds a side pane displaying album
and artist information sourced from last.fm.

Excellent news: it's now two months that I'm using this plugin and it is really cool!

I have just two comments on that:

1. I really like that context pane is able to retrieve album list, tracks and covers. But it is even more cool the fact that you can just grab album cover from context pane to album cover frame.
However, if you do so the imported cover will have a very bad resolution. It would be amazing that when you grab the album cover from context pane to album cover frame, a "less resized" (with a better definition) image will be associated to the album, that probably means that rhythmboy should download again the album image from the same address pharsed by context pane.

2. Since Last rhythm* plugin does not work any more, it would be nice to add one more panel to context pane in order to suggest similar artists. Or, other option, it would be even fine to merge TasteKid plugin to context pane.

Next I'm going to start looking at the media player sync code.

Perfect, my iPod can't wait for that!!

enjoy, ;)
giopas

* http://usrportage.de/archives/763-the-last-rhythm-for-me.html