Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] How do I keep the entries in the Play Queue from disappearing after they are played?

My objection to this is that tracks on daap shares can't be persistently stored
in a playlist, since it would store the full URI, with IP address (rather than
share name), session ID, and the non-persistent track ID (rhythmbox doesn't
provide persistent track IDs).  Any of those things can change when you
reconnect to the daap share, and the session ID virtually always does.  It's
less of a problem for the play queue, since that's transient by design.

That's why I think that a good solution would be to have an option to not have the play queue tracks disappear after playing. Or at least, keep the last X songs around. Sometimes, when I'm in the middle of stuff, I can't immediately check what is playing, but then I finish writing that email and I want to see what the last song was. Or I get off that phone call and want to back up a couple of songs so I can listen to those ones I was excited about.

If the play queue could be configured to keep the last X songs around, and I could put daap songs on there, then I would be happy with that.

I forgot what status this was in:  Was there a patch to check out?

--Ryan