Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] External podcasts

Christophe Fergeau wrote:
 Though I guess it would work to go with option #2 at
first, and make sure the code won't need tons of changes if someone
wants to implement option #1?

These are just random thoughts, I haven't really looked at that code
:-/ Hope that's still a little bit helpful,

Christophe

Folks

I have been doing some playing with this. I started roughing out the implementation of option 2 and the further along I got the more it looked like it was going to suck, both from a user experience and code perspective. It looks like it will take as much work to shoehorn external podcasts into the podcast manager as it will to shoehorn them into the library monitor.

Since the amount of work is the same it would make sense to go with option 1 as that will be the cleanest from a user perspective.

I'll start looking into that but is there someone who knows the monitoring code who can give me some pointers?

Cheers
Dave