Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Behaviour of delete on MP3 players

Peter wrote:
You make some good points, but some people (like me) really do have most
of their music on an external hard drive. Perhaps something in the HAL can
tell the difference between and external hard driver and a music player?

Pete

Peter

Does your external drive show up under the "devices' tab in Rhythmbox? My understanding is that mp3 player show up under devices but an external disk doesn't unless you have a special file in the root (just checked and my external drive does not show up under devices). Do you have your external drive specified in the music library location or do you treat it like an external MP3 player? If you have your main library there we have no problem as that would come under the main library rule - move to trash and remove options. If you have it come up under devices then maybe we need an option for each device to set whether that device uses a recycle bin or does a hard delete.

Cheers
Dave