Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox and Python bindings...

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 02:13:06AM +0530, Seemanta Dutta wrote:
> Hi,
> I was trying to understand the way python bindings work in rhythmbox and was
> looking at the code present within the bindings/python folder. However, it
> seems that all the code in that folder is auto-generated. So I want to know
> how this code is auto-generated. Can some one please tell me what is the
> tool that is used to generate this code?

The code is generated from the .defs files (rb.defs and rhythmdb.defs) that
describe the classes and methods to bind, and the .override files that
implement the bindings for some methods where the code generator doesn't get it
right.  The tool that does this is the pygobject codegen tool.

In general, we don't include generated files in the source tree, so an easy way
to find the source for any generated file is to look in the git tree.  In this
case: http://git.gnome.org/cgit/rhythmbox/tree/bindings/python/