Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] RHYTHMBOX UPDATING

Hi Donald!

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 11:28 PM, Don <lawheadd gmail com> wrote:
Hello, my name is Donald Lawhead and have been using Rhythm box 0.11.5
and see that there is an upgrade for it on the Internet.  I would like
to bring it up to date and do not see direction on how to do that.
Would you be so kind as to tell me the procedure to accomplish this?  I
recently switched from Windows to Linux Ubuntu, so my knowledge level is
low.  Thank you for your assistance.

Just go in System -> Synaptic and click on "mark all update".

Another way is to open a terminal (Applications -> Tools -> Terminal) and write the following instruction:

sudo aptitude update ; sudo aptitude full-upgrade

In this way, you will update all your system (to update just rhythmbox write: sudo aptitude update ; sudo aptitude install rhythmbox)

enjoy, ;)
giopas

ps: welcome on linux (after a couple of week you won't go back to windows anymore!)
ps: have a look here (http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Ubuntu:Jaunty): you will just need to copy/paste for solve most of your "problems".