[Rhythmbox-devel] rhythmbox sets permissions to 0600 when tagging a file

Hello,

I manage my music collection with rhythmbox and share it via samba.
However, rhythmbox sets the file permissions to 0600 when tagging a
file, regardless what they have been before. This causes problems since
the "guest"-account of samba is "nobody" (UID 65534), so these files can
not be accessed via samba any longer once they have been edited and I
have to manually chmod 644 them.

Steps to reproduce:
1) Import a song into rhythmbox
2) Change some metadata, for example change the genre
3) ls -l the song file

Is this done intentionally? Why does rhythmbox change the file
permissions at all?

Regards

Alexander Kurtz