Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Problem

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 9:55 AM, Trond Gjellum<trond gjellum gmail com> wrote:
> Hi!
> I've been using Rhythmbox in Ubuntu 9.04 for some time. Lately I've got som
> problems with the program:
>
> 1. Lately It will not open when I doubleclick on the Rhythmbox icon.
> Sometimes it's also difficult when using the open command when using the
> right mouse button.
>
> 2. When I manage to open it, I get the message as seen in screenshot 1. I
> can still manage to use the program even if I get this message.
>
> 2a) When I click search, I get the message in screnshot 2.
>
> 2b) After the program have searched a little bit, I get the message in
> screenshot 3.
>
> This happens EVERY time.
>
> I uninstalled and reinstalled Rhythmbox today, but the same thing happens.

I guess from the third screen shot that there is a funny file in your music
library which RB is trying to load, but can't. The message says it needs
application/x-mswinurl decoder, which sounds like Debian Bug report
#531463. I'm not sure if there is a bug report on this in RB (or in gstreamer).

I would suggest you find and remove this file, or try updating RB.

Peter