Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox + TrueCrypt (portable device problem)

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 11:08 AM, BishKopt <bishkopt gmail com> wrote:
> I've just read about adding "portable devices" to Rhytmbox.
> http://library.gnome.org/users/rhythmbox/unstable/portable-audio-player.html.en
> I really like the idea. However, I wanted to add my encrypted (with
> TrueCrypt) partition to behave like a "portable device". I added
> above-mentioned .is_audio_player file to the encrypted volume ("at the
> top level hierarchy of the filesystem" of the volume), but Rhytmbox
> does not seem to see it. :/

Rhythmbox only pays attention to things that show up as gvfs mounts
with associated volumes. Your TrueCrypt mount probably doesn't have a
volume associated with it. I don't think there's a specific reason for
this, it was just easier to implement that way.

> Is there any way to get Rhytmbox notice mount/dismount actions of TrueCrypt?

Find where the above restriction is implemented in rhythmbox (probably
in the removable media manager code) and rework it to support
volumeless mounts. I wouldn't expect this to be particularly
difficult.