[Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox clobbering sound files

Hi,

I am in the process of resampling my CD collection with a more modern lame and with higher bit rate. Having done so with a few albums I noticed that some songs were inexplicably corrupted (truncated & tags changed), and since I access my music from several hosts (including Windows) I tended to initially blame my Windows systems for the corruption, but alas it turns out that Rhythmbox is the culprit (running Ubuntu 9.10 and Rhythmbox 0.12.5). I have now write protected my music collection, and when I restart Rhythmbox after having resampled a CD I get a lot of popups from Rhythmbox complaining that files cannot be updated.

Personally I do not want ANY program to modify my sound files unless I tell it to, so I am a bit curious: what is the reason Rhythmbox is trying to modify my sound files? I cannot find any option controlling this behavior, is there one, or would that be a feature request? :-)
--
Hälsningar/Best regards, Tom
Tom Rindborg                            Phone: +46-8-599 984 40