[Rhythmbox-devel] [Final Report] Rhythmbox iPod/MTP Syncing

Hi all,
Though this is the final day of GSoC, I would like to ask the Rhythmbox Community to allow me one more week (since I started a couple weeks late). I would like to continue, testing/debugging and making sure my code is as polished, and clean as I possibly can. One of the major issues I was working on last week was that, during syncing the UI would hang for a few seconds (while the databases were compared). To overcome that I converted the sync function into a daisy-chain of g_idle_add functions, and I set the rb_media_player_prefs_update_sync function, to be able to be called as an idle_cb (to improve UI responsiveness). However, with that, the way that data is passed between them, and state is preserved became a bit wonky. That is one of the things that I would like to spend this week cleaning up. The other little thing, I would like to fix this week, is to have the UI buttons for sync grayed out while it is happening, so that it cannot be repeatedly clicked, leading to simultaneous syncs (a very bad thing). moch: If you need my code in ASAP, I can send it to you, but if there is no rush for the release after 0.12.4, then I would like to continue working on my code.

Thanks all. It has been a pleasure working with you, and I look forward to continuing to contribute to the Rhythmbox project in the future.

Paul Bellamy