Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Fixing ReplayGain support in rhythmbox

2009/8/7 Calvin Walton <calvin walton gmail com>
I’ve written the shortest
functionality-improving Rhythmbox plugin ever:

I've attached a tar of it to this email which includes
the .rb-plugin file and license headers. Simply extract to your
plugins directory.

There's at least one known bug – if you disable the plugin while
Rhythmbox is playing, it will hang. I’m not totally sure about the
cause of this problem, or how to solve it. Suggestions welcome.

Hi Calvin.
Thanks a million for writing this. I've been sorely missing replaygain since it stopped working in Rhythmbox. There are some issues though. :(

Firstly, and most significantly, it doesn't work on my system (Fedora 11 - rhythmbox-0.12.3-1.fc11.i586). If the plugin is enabled, playback never commences. According to the output of rhythmbox -d, it is playing, but nothing happens and as you noted, Rhythmbox will hang if I try to disable it while playing.

Secondly, and far less significant, there doesn't appear to be a replaygain.rb-plugin file in the tarball. I made one myself and it works fine so just a heads up.

--
Regards,
Derek