Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] [weekly report] Week 10 - Rhythmbox Context Panel

On Mon, 2009-08-03 at 21:04 -0400, John Iacona wrote:
> This week has been again been devoted to polishing and bugfixing. Some
> of the cosmetic improvements include pretty loading screens, proper
> formatting of track and album times, nicer text and image formatting,
> etc. I also factored all of the styling information out into an
> external file for greater ease of theming/updating the content. 
> At this point all that is left to do is track down a few more stubborn
> bugs and add any extra features that might be useful. I also plan on
> adding to the plugin development guide on GNOME live to document all
> of the things I learned throughout this process. 
> I would really appreciate it if anyone would test it out and give me
> any suggestions. I have a release of the plugin at
> Install by extracting into
> ~/.gnome2/rhythmbox/plugins. This plugin requires Rhythmbox 0.12.3 or
> higher. 
> or 
> Two additional dependencies are libwebkit with the python-webkit
> bindings and the mako template engine. These are available in the
> python-webkit and python-mako packages on Debian based systems.
> $ git shortlog --since=7-28-09
> John Iacona (7):
>       lots of random bugfixes and ui tweaks
>       Added nice loading pages for each tab. They do not work quite
> properly as of yet, however.
>       album-tmpl: fixed time formatting, swap 'show all/hide all
> track' buttons
>       removed all styling to /tmpl/main.css
>       code formatting
>       added more lyric fetching engines because Astraweb seemed to
> stop working
>       album-tmpl: switched to table layout for tracklisting
> Regards,
> John Iacona

	Maybe there's a file missing in the context.tar you posted.  My
installation is complaining about missing AstrawebParser, which is in
the lyrics plugin.  I moved that into context's plugin folder, and all
was well, but, that's probably a simple fix, I don't know python.

	The other problem is this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "XXXX/.gnome2/rhythmbox/plugins/context/", line
105, in playing_changed_cb
    self.ds['artist'].fetch_top_tracks (self.current_artist)
  File "XXXX/.gnome2/rhythmbox/plugins/context/", line 147,
in fetch_top_tracks
    url = '{0}artist.{1}&artist={2}&api_key={3}'.format(self.url_prefix,
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'format'

Once again, don't know python, only sort of understand what's going on.
Looks like it has potential to be really cool when it's all working!


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]