Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] 0.12.1 prerelease

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 01:53:32PM +0200, Luca Ferretti wrote:
> 2009/4/22 Jonathan Matthew <jonathan d14n org>:
> >
> > Here's a second prerelease, with some small autoconf fixes and better
> > handling of pulseaudio stream volume changes made outside rhythmbox:
> >
> > http://www.gnome.org/~jmatthew/rhythmbox-0.12.0.92.tar.bz2
> >
> > enjoy.

> What about new last.fm policy for radio? It seems there is a new API too..

I just had a quick look at the new API documentation
(http://www.last.fm/api/radio) and it appears that while the overall
scheme is the same, the API methods have all changed and there's a new
(overly complicated) authentication scheme.  The current code still
seems to work for now, though I assume it will suddenly stop one day
soon.

I don't think I will implement the new API myself.  I can no longer use
the service (and I never used it much anyway), and there's no real technical
interest for me any more.

It shouldn't be too hard for someone interested to pick this up.  I
expect most of the work would be in implementing the authentication
scheme.  Once that's done, the changes to the web service requests look
to be straightforward.