Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Python Plugin-LED Cube Visualizations

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 06:56:31PM -0700, EmbeddedMicro wrote:

> EmbeddedMicro wrote:
> >
> > shell.get_player().props.player.add_tee_element(b)
> > AttributeError: '__main__.RBPlayerGst' object has no attribute
> > 'add_tee_element'
> >
> > Is the guide wrong? How do I add the elements?
> >

> It looks like it should be
> shell.get_player().props.player.add_tee(b)

That's what you'd use if you wanted to add a new branch to the playback
pipeline.  The other alternative is .add_filter(), which inserts an
element into the existing pipeline.  Adding a filter is likely to be
more reliable.

> To get it from complaining about b and ser not being defined in deactivate I
> added self.*. Is there a more correct way to do that?

If you want to make those things attributes of your plugin object, that's
the way to do it.

> Also what exactly does adding the elements do? How do I get the information
> from them. Keep in mind this is my first time using Python.

Consult the GStreamer documentation
(http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/) for more information
on that.  It's not really relevant that you're using Python here.
GStreamer is GStreamer, whatever language you're using.