[Rhythmbox-devel] Problems on Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex)

Hi!  I'm having a problem with Rhythmbox 0.11.6 with Xfce 4.4.2 on Xubuntu 8.10.  I had a really good experience with Rhythmbox on Xubuntu 8.04, but it's been degraded substatially in the most recent version.  I detail most of the problems I'm having here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=6186416.

First, I'd like to mention that the problem with the following feed resolved itself: http://www.townhall.com/talkradio/podcast.aspx?RadioShowId=60.  So, ignore that part.  The problem with the other feed I mentioned is ongoing and very strange: http://www.feedvalidator.org/check.cgi?url="">.  I can't understand why that feed doesn't work.

You mentioned in response to Darin that you think a Rhythmbox theme may be at fault?  If you think the Gnome theme may be an issue, I'm guessing Xfce themes might really be an issue . . .  If there's a way to set a Rhythmbox application theme, I can't seem to find where.

Also, I suspect this may be a problem with some of the underlying programs and libraries on which Rhythmbox depends.  There is a very strange and worrisome problem with the gvfsd-http (part of the gvfs-backends package) taking-up an enormous amount of memory, seemingly as part of downloading podcasts to rhythmbox.  (I download 55 podcasts regularly.)  This has been known to crash my machine.

There have also been a relatively high number of crashes since I upgraded to Rhythmbox 0.11.6, which are hard to explain.  Some of them seem related to this feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/FoxNewsRadio.  In general, playing or deleting podcasts while a few others are downloading seems to crash Rhythmbox regularly.  If desired, I'll try to get a command-line capture, but it's hard to get, since it's unpredictable as the when (exactly) it will happen.

I hope you can help to restabilize Rhythmbox for me and others.  I'd really grown to love this program, but find the recent problems very worrisome and discouraging.

Thanks!

--Fondfire