Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Idea

john metcalf wrote:
How about connectivity to a server to automatically re tag files correctly? I have a few albums that are all labeled differently, the worst being when "and, And, &" comes up.

I don't know if there's a plugin already that does this, (there is for quod libet, I think) but the musicbrainz.org server is the best option I know for this. There is a standalone application (picard) that you can download from there, or install from your distro, that retags files and optionally renames files. The same functionality could be built into a plugin for rhythmbox.

--
- eric casteleijn
http://thisfred.blogspot.com